PENNSYLVANIA 2-1-1 SOUTHWEST
Pennsylvania 2-1-1 is a non emergency service powered by United Way.
It is a Friendly, Neighborhood, 24 Hour, Professionally Staffed Hotline for help and human services.
2-1-1 is available via phone call, online chat, text and website resource 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Its aim is to allow community members to find access to health and human resources for everyday needs and in crisis situations. 2-1-1 specialists provide referrals for:
- Basic human needs such as food banks, shelters, rent and utility payment assistance
- Physical and mental health resources such as crisis intervention services, support groups and counseling
- Employment support such as financial assistance, job training and education programs
- Support for older adults and persons with disabilities such as home-delivered meals, transportation and health care
- Youth and child care programs such as after school programs, summer camps, mentoring and protection services
- Disaster preparation