STAMP OUT STIGMA
The Stamp Out Stigma initiative (S.O.S.) is a collaboration between United Way of Mercer County and area healthcare and social service providers.
S.O.S. exists to educate the public.
- An estimated 26% of adults have a diagnosable mental illness in any given year
- About 21% of children ages 9 to 17 have a diagnosable mental or addictive illness.
- Half of us will have a mental health issue during our lifetime.
- Less than one-third of adults with a mental health issue will get help.
- Up to 90% of those who get help are able to significantly reduce symptoms and improve their quality of life.
As a society, we must improve these statistics. To learn more about S.O.S., go here.